Chandigarh , the capital of both Punjab and Haryana, is the only Indian city to have been designed and planned by a single architect – Le Corbusier. Chandigarh is not only the most modern city in the country but has been planned to perfection by the world famous French architect le Corbusier.Chandigarh is located in the fringes of the Shivalik range in Northwest India. It covers an area of approximately 114 sq. km . and shares its borders with the States of Haryana in the south and Punjab in the north. The population of Chandigarh is about 900 thousand , with a density of about 7900 persons per square kilometre. Punjabi, English and Hindi are the main languages spoken in Chandigarh .
Temperature (°C) summer : Max37, Min23 Winter : Max 24, Min 5
Rainfall: 111.4 cms
Best Season: October to March.
Economy : With a Per Capita Income of Rs. 67,370 , Chandigarh is the richest city in India. Chandigarh's gross state domestic product for 2004 is estimated at $2.2 billion in current prices.
- Agreements signed with leading long distance telecom service providers to establish nodes for providing high-speed connectivity in the Chandigarh Technology Park (CTP) and other designated ITES facilities and parks.
- Very positive assessment of Chandigarh by Gartner in their survey on the Business Process Outsourcing sector in India .
- All key service providers including VSNL and STPI are being allotted space at the Chandigarh Technology Park .
- Exemption for the Chandigarh Technology Park and other designated ITES parks and facilities from statutory power cuts.
- Commercial Office space (Ready Built space) of international quality would also be developed to house ITES companies in the Chandigarh Technology Park . An estimated 600,000 feet would be made available by 2004-2005 for leasing and purchase by ITES companies.
Chandigarh is known for
.: Planning and Architecture
.: Quality of Life
.: High Educational Level
.: Pollution-free Environment
.: Low Crime Rate
.: Aware & Active Citizens
The city has a rare combination of advantages:
- Excellent infrastructure,
- Labour advantage,
- Proximity to the NCR,
- A nascent IT boom fuelling consumerism,
- Malls and multiplexes,
- A sizeable NRI population,
- Investor friendly policies.
Chandigarh IT Park (also Chandigarh Technology Park) is the city's attempt to break into the IT world. Chandigarh's infrastructure, proximity to Delhi, Punjab and Haryana, and the IT talent pool attracts IT businesses looking for office space in the area. Major Indian firms and multinational corporations including Quark, Infosys, Dell, Ranbaxy, Reliance and Satyam have offices in the park.The Chandigarh Technology Park is a unique planned Park. It combines large green campuses with state-of-the-art buildings. It is in the process of becoming the premier destination for software companies in the Information Technology sector."As a capital of two states which boast high per capita incomes in the country, Chandigarh 's real estate sector is naturally scaling unprecedented heights. Just in the last one-year, land prices in Chandigarh have gone up by a whopping 100% the boom is not restricted to niche pockets, but is spread evenly across the region.