HITEC City Hyderabad
Hyderabad city is today known for its IT and IT Enabled Services, Pharmaceuticals and Entertainment industries. Many call centers, Business process outsourcing(BPO) firms, dealing with IT and other technological services were set up in the 1990s making it one of the major regions for call center setups in India. Ramoji Film City, one of the largest film studios in the world is located on the outskirts of the city.
The development of a township with state-of-the-art facilities called HITEC City , prompted several IT and ITES companies to setup operations in the city. An aggressive promotion of growth in this area has led civic boosters to call the city "Cyberabad". Hyderabad has also been referred to as the second Silicon Valley of India. IT exports from the city are expected to exceed Rs 12,500 crores ($ 2.5 billion) in the 2005-06 fiscal year. There has been extensive investments in digital infrastructure within the city promoting the setting up of several campuses by a vast array of companies within the city. This list includes several multinational corporations having established centers in the city. The major areas were such campuses have been setup include Madhapur and Gachibowli.
Hyderabad has been the front runner interms of attracting huge investments from Fortune 500 Companies and Hyderabad is poised to become a global city after the city has clinched Semiconductor Fab deals from Intellect Inc,Semindia. Hyderabad has been selected as the location for India's first Fab City, a silicon chip manufacturing facility, being setup with an investment of $3 billion by the AMD-SemIndia consortium
Power - quality uninterrupted power
- Dedicated 132 KV substations for the entire project. Incoming redundant feeders ensuring uninterrupted supply.
- Diesel Generator back up in all multi - tenanted buildings for 100% backup
- Whole of HITEC City networked through underground power cables
- HITEC City exempted from statutory power cuts
- 24 hour maintenance services
Communications - seamless connectivity
- Entire HITEC City networked through optic fibre backbone
- VSNL communication center is on the 6th floor of CyberTowers, of HITEC City , providing satellite connectivity via roof top standard station for direct international access.
Software Technology Parks of India
STPI, Hyderabad provides high speed data communications links to USA , Europe and Asia . It provides free internet services through the international gateway (IBS Satellite Station) and point to multipoint access radio system (For local loops) located at Jubilee Hills, near HITEC City .
In future, more service providers are expected to offer their services to companies in HITEC City
Four and two lane roads with widths ranging from 12 Mts. to 30 Mts.
- Street lighting with photo sensor controls
- Municipal Water Reservoir and water(treated) supply network
- Sewerage system
- RCC storm water drain network
- Bus stops, Fire station, etc.
- Landscaped gardens & parks
- Pollution free environs
- Natural rock sculptures
# Maintenance of common areas in HITEC City by L&T Infocity.
- Club House
- Star Hotel
- Shopping Complex
- Fuel Station
- Medical Centre
- Travel & Forex service
- Courier Services
- Restaurants& Food Courts